- 2010–2014 studied additionaly philosophy in Tartu University
- 2000 Estonian Business School, BA in international business administration
- 1985 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA in bases of law
- Member of the Estonian Bar Assotiation since 2000
- Member of the Estonian Chamber of Bailiffs and Trustees in Bankruptcy, trustee in bankruptcy
- From January 2017 Law Office Turnstone, Partner and Attroney at law
- 2015–2016 Kais, Pihlak & Partners Law Office, Partner and Attorney at Law
- 2014–2015 Rödl & Partner Law Office (Estonia), Partner and Attorney at Law
- 2006–2014 Aavik & Partners Law Office, Partner and Attorney at Law
- 1999–2006 Luiga, Mody, Hääl & Borenius Law Office, Attorney at Law
Before becoming an Attorney Monica worked as a Lawyer in Tallinn Business Center and as a Legal Advisor at AS Norma. 1994–1999 Board Member of AS Norma, Board Member and Supervisory Board Member of different subsidiaries of AS Norma and AS Norma Group
Monica Pihlak has specialized mainly in corporate law, tax law, labour law, family law and bankruptcy proceedings.
She has carried out several company privatisations, has advised companies on mergers and acquisitions, she is widely experienced in representing clients in all levels of the Estonian judicial system.
Working languages: Estonian, English, Russian and some Finnish